National Wildlife Federation
Project Name :
National Wildlife Federation
Client Name :
The National Wildlife Federation (NWF) uses a Shopify Plus site to sell plants and trees all over USA. However, not all their products can be sold across the country. Each product is region specific and can only be sold in a specific region based on Zip codes. Therefore, the NWF needed Codup to create custom features for their Shopify Plus site that allows them to display region specific products to customers based on their Zip codes/regions. Moreover, they also wanted to offer each customer with personalized and targeted results on the product listings page (PLP). For this, they needed Codup to build a product recommendation quiz that will allow NWF to collect important customer information, which will later allow them filter the results for each customer based on their responses.
We built custom functionality on the NWF Shopify plus site that achieved the following objectives:
- Customers are able to see and buy only those products that can be sold in the location defined by their zip code
- Customers are able to fill out a product recommendation quiz after which they can see personalized (filtered) results on the product listings page.
- Wrote a custom code in liquid to filter results on product listings and product detail pages based on the user’s zip code.
- We created a popup on the product listings page for the first-time users. The popup with ask for the user’s Zip code after they land on the product listings page.
- The users will have a choice to either opt out of this option or enter the Zip code. Incase they do not enter their Zip code; they will again see the same popup again after they use the add to cart option and click on the CTA.
- Once the Zip code is entered, the users will see a filtered list of products, which may be available in their region for sale.
- The users can also change their Zip code by clicking on the Zip code button on the product listing page, which will bring up the Zip code popup again, where they can easily change their Zip codes.
- Incase the users bypass the product listings page and move directly to the product detail page; they will be required to enter their Zip codes before they can use the add to cart option to buy any product.
- If the product cannot be sold on a particular Zip code, then the customers will see an error informing them about it.
- Incase the customers do not fill in the Zip code, then the product will not be added to the cart and it'll be informed through an error showing on the screen.
- Created a custom code in liquid to make minor front end changes to facilitate the objectives.
- Implemented a custom code in the theme for salesforce integration to run the filters.
- Wrote a Shopify script validate cart against Zip code on checkout.
- On checking out the shipping address Zip Code and product details (SKU, QTY) will be sent to the salesforce CRM to check whether the products added in cart are of the same Region/Zip code in which customer wants to get them delivered.
- The “Checkout” button will be disabled if the Product is not available for the shipping address Zip code.
- A popup will be displayed to customer if the Product is not available for the Shipping Address Zip code mentioning that “Some of the products are not available for your Shipping Address Region, please remove those items to Checkout”.
- Built a custom quiz experience on the front end and query the backend for filtered products based on the customer’s responses.
- We set up a multi-step recommendation quiz on a separate page.
- The responses to specific questions will also act as filters and redirect the user to a filtered list of products on the PLP upon submission of the quiz.
- The user will be asked for an email address. This is optional and the user may choose not to provide one and still submit their quiz response.
- If they enter their email, the entire submission will be pushed out to the salesforce quiz endpoint when they user presses the submit button at the last step.
- If they choose not to enter their email and still submit the quiz, the response will be pushed with the remaining data points collected, plus an auto generated ID to identify this user anonymously.
- A cookie using this auto generated ID will be placed in the user’s browser to be able to track them anonymously when they return and/or checkout later.
- On each step during the quiz, there will be a “call to action” link (or button) which will bring up a pop. This will be an info popup without any functionality which the user may click out of to return to their web page.
- The quiz as well as the info popup will be hardcoded into theme files.
- Pushed the quiz responses to salesforce via API.
- All complete submissions to the quiz will be pushed to Salesforce CRM using an API endpoint.
By creating these features for our client’s Shopify Plus site, Codup was able to satisfy our client’s business requirements. Our ability to create custom codes and develop features for the client’s site allowed them to sell their products in an organized and efficient manner. The solution we created also helped our client to offer a highly personalized customer experience.