The Importance of Cloud Computing in Digital Transformation
You may have heard about the term cloud computing a lot, but you do not understand exactly what cloud computing is? Currently, there are many definitions of cloud computing, but each definition is different, making it difficult for readers to grasp information and even more difficult to understand this term. Below we will define cloud computing in the simplest and easiest way and provide accurate information about cloud computing and its importance for digital transformation.
What is the definition of cloud computing?
Cloud computing is on-demand access, via the internet, to computing resources, applications, servers (physical and virtual servers), data storage, development tools, capabilities, networking capabilities, etc. These resources are hosted in a remote data center as a cloud service is provided by a cloud service provider, such as Amazon Web Services. Instead of being costly to own an expensive physical server system, you can completely distribute these resources in the cloud from the provider and pay fees according to usage. Moreover, there are many packages for you to choose from, along with discount codes, coupons to help you save a lot of money.
Cloud computing role
Compared to the traditional IT system and depending on the cloud computing services you choose, cloud computing offers the following benefits:
IT cost savings
Instead of having to invest capital in a cumbersome, expensive physical server system, you only need to pay for the cost of moving the system to the cloud and only for the IT resources you use. When demand increases, costs increase, conversely when demand decreases, costs also decrease, avoiding waste of resources. Besides, the cost of converting data to the cloud will also be much lower than your own expenses due to economies of scale.
Improve the speed at work
With cloud computing, your staff can start using business applications in minutes, instead of waiting weeks or months for IT to respond to requests, purchase, and install the software. Using the cloud also allows you to delegate permissions to certain users – specifically programmers or data analysts – to help them with the software and supporting infrastructure.
Flexibility to scale
Cloud services are elastic to demand. Instead of buying unused excess capacity, you can scale up or down your resources instantly as your business needs change. You can also leverage your cloud service provider’s global network to promote your applications closer to users around the world.
Cloud computing in digital transformation
The need for digital transformation is formed when users want to minimize the level of technical intervention in the system.
Let’s say when you want to build a website to sell robot vacuum cleaners, you already have a team of developers to develop the software for you and just need a place to store data, a server to be able to access it remotely at all times and everywhere. Cloud computing will be the best solution for you. Then, you can rent infrastructure services (IaaS) like EC2, GCE, or BizFly Cloud all around the world.
Let’s say that after developing a website, you want to build a mobile application so that your customers can optionally access it on any platform. Then you can use a platform service (PaaS) like GAE. You can also come up with business strategies such as discount codes, coupons right on this software. This tool also supports you to analyze application usage, greatly assisting you when planning a marketing strategy.
And assuming that you need electronic invoice management software, or customer management software, product promotion services, you can use software services (SaaS). You can easily track, compare and evaluate invoice data, simultaneously manage websites, apps, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram… when these data are centrally managed.
Benefits of cloud computing in digital transformation
It is easy to see that digital transformation brings many benefits to businesses:
● Security: As a general trend, small business networks are more prone to breaking security rules than large networks. In addition, service providers, with specialized security teams, always organize to check and remove viruses, malicious code, etc. The tools are constantly updated and ensure their availability and timeliness. time.
● Cost: To set up a primitive infrastructure, the price includes the cost of materials and equipment, the cost of operation and maintenance, the price of the power supply, the price of the software running on the system. server… Cloud computing clearly reduces the upfront investment costs, capital costs.
● Speed: According to current trends, it is difficult for a company to set up data structures more efficiently than a cloud business. When stored in the cloud, your data, no matter how complex, can be stored and accessed anytime, anywhere on the Internet. If you choose your hosting company carefully, you never have to worry about your service slowing down due to expanding demand.
● Global Expansion: cloud services allow an organization to operate multinationals without any hiccups.
● Productivity: Less technical hard work helps you focus on developing business ideas.
● Efficiency: cloud companies continuously upgrade resources so you can use them better for less money.
Above is an article about the importance of cloud computing in digital transformation. Cloud computing plays an indispensable role in the process of business digital transformation. It is thanks to cloud computing that this process can take place so quickly and develop dramatically as it is today.